Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Non-knitters Beware!

Hello, my lovelies. I was such a good little nerd yesterday and spent the afternoon organizing my photos on my computer. These are photos that haven't been uploaded or anything, mind you, but the point is, they're all labeled nicely, so when I DO want to upload them, I can. Theoretically. This left me just itching to blog something, but alas, I hadn't the time. So this morning, I was even nerdier and took many pictures of finished projects and knitting accoutrements to post on Ravelry when I do someday actually use my account. (Yes, I have an account, but I haven't logged in and used it yet! I must be crazy...) Without further ado, here are some of my latest undertakings.



The Wisp scarf, as yet unblocked, but still getting a lot of use as is.

The stitch pattern will open up if I block it. ::sigh:: I'm so lazy.

It felt like it took forever to knit. I haven't knit a scarf in a loooong time.



Here are some of my favorite knitted items ever. Mrs. Beeton. I decided to do cables instead of a 3x1 rib as the pattern describes. I also did one cuff in a larger needle size, so the dimensions of the two are the same, but the number of repeats and size of cables are different. I thought the smaller one would fit better. Turns out the larger one has been better over time. I knit them out of 100% alpaca, so they don't have much memory. They are so soft and warm and pretty, though!



Unfortunately, not the best picture, but the color is about right and you can see some detail on the cables.

Can you see the difference in size? Oh, well. They both fit well enough. I just can't say how much I love these!

At the local community center where I take Japanese lessons, the volunteer teachers (mostly middle-aged ladies) went ga ga over these. One of them also knits and crochets, so she whipped herself up a pair, and another lady asked her husband to make her some! I thought that was awesome.

And now onto to my most used at home item. My Twinkletoes slippers. I can't believe how warm they are. I wouldn't have lasted the winter without them.



Thank you for your patience if you are a muggle, er, non-knitter. For you, here is a pic to hopefully brighten your day.

Leo on the left and Otokomae (handsome) George on the right (Oto-chan for short). My mother-in-law calls them our homonekos. Neko means cat in Japanese. I think you get it. :) We're so glad they've finally found each other.

No comments: