Thursday, August 21, 2008

2 weeks on the road...

Well, it's been just two weeks today since I packed up the cats and hit the road. I've been visiting T's family in Mie and Wakayama prefectures and now Kyoto. I also went to see my new niece as well, who is super cute. We're all watching the Olympic baseball games with enthusiasm. It looks like Japan may even have a chance against Korea, the #1 ranked team in the preliminary league. If they beat them, they have a shot at the gold! Wish 'em luck!

I'm finally going home tomorrow, and although it'll be kind of sad to end my vacation, it'll be nice to go back, I guess. Especially since the weather seems to be giving us a break here. The choking, mind-numbing heat of mid-summer has finally gone (knock on wood). In spite of that, I'll still have to send my suitcase back, as I have received so many gifts from people (it was my birthday last week) that it's gone from being half-full to barely-can-get-the-zipper-shut. That's what you get for having generous friends and family, I guess. (I have a hard life.)

Lots and lots of pictures and trip log to come!

1 comment:

sekihiker said...

Must be nice to get so many gifts that you can't fit them all in your bag.