Saturday, August 23, 2008

I'm Baaaaaaack! -- Home Sweet Home

I'm home again at last. Those cats are so HEAVY! Next time, I'm going to make them carry ME home. It only took us about 5 and a half hours door to door, which isn't too bad.

Alas, our dear friends on the Japan baseball team weren't able to hold it together enough to make it to the finals. In fact, within moments after my last post Korea scored some points and made it obvious who was indeed going to advance to the finals. Since Korea went on to win the gold, one might say that there's no shame in losing to the number one team... But during the game against the U.S. to determine who got the bronze, Japan lost big time! And America got the pants whipped off of them by Cuba just the day before. (Japan lost to Cuba too, but not so badly.) America even lost to China, so everyone is disappointed that the national Japan team couldn't beat them to bring home a medal at what may well have been the final Olympic baseball event.

How did Tarzan react? "What? Really? Well, I guess my work here is done then." (He had been at the hotel making preparations for a victory press conference--just in case.) The next day (today) when he called, he was out shopping for souvenirs and doing a little sight seeing on his last day at the Olympics. He enjoyed himself so much he wants to make it a family tradition to see the games. Sounds good to me, but we better get the ball rolling if we really want to see the London games. You have to book reservations years in advance. Maybe the 2016 games--who knows? They may even be in Tokyo.

All in all, Tosh seems to be happy to come home. It'll be nice to see him again. He'll have to work late tomorrow night, though, running the press conference after he and the team come back.

I'm ready to hit the hay. It's late, and I worked hard! Plus, I shipped my suitcase to myself, and it'll arrive tomorrow morning, so I gotta catch some z's.

Pics are loaded to the computer and just wating to be uploaded for your viewing pleasure. (I hope that'll be sometime soon!)

Nighty night! Oyasumi nasaaaaaai!

No comments: